Friday, March 27, 2009

Push and Pull

In Morioka, it's snowing then sunny...snowy then sunny...blizzard than sunny...all in one day. I guess it's funny how the weather outside feels like my insides. We've just finished our last big trip in Japan and we feel like we have completed a big challenge, ready for the next adventure. Then, there are farewell parties at Ichi-ko and many of our ALT friends leaving to return to the normal world, which leaves us a little lonely. They tell me of their frantc stories of trying to enjoy their last moments in Morioka, but at the same time being holed up in their apartment trying to clean and pack everything within their few last hours. That tells the organizer in me to start planning so I don't go through the pain. While matching dates to events, I'm starting to see how really small our time is here. I've been looking on the bright side and telling everyone how long five months is... but that was a month ago. Now it's four and looking at my next school year and realizing that my remaining time is shorter than a Moriokan winter, I can't help but feel that the glass is half empty. I feel relief to start a new journey, but the pangs of fear and guilt as I leave a great place, with great people, and great memories. Snowy...sunny...snowy...sunny... ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this picture! You look like me! Try to stay warm.