Monday, November 12, 2007

Some cheese with my whine.

Even if Ron and I have only been here for three months (wow, time goes by fast), the JET Program already wants to know if we are going to recontract for the next year. I didn't even have to think about it (I live in a great city, I have a fantastic job, I've made friends, and I have Ron)... OF COURSE I'M STAYING! That's always been in the plan.

Recently though, Ron and I have been thinking about what's going to happen when we finally pack up our bags and come back home. Our lives a perfect here. Besides the hole of not having family and friends here, living in Morioka is all we could imagine and then some. The JET Program has given us a cushy stepping stool from college life to adult life. We have the best of both worlds. However, once we do make the next step. We're still pretty unsure where that will take us or where we want to go.

My dad always said to "Work according to your lifestyle." Well I'm sure that the life that I want is what everyone in the universe wants (work at home, lots of travel, exuberant amounts of money), so we've been trying to figure out how to make that happen. I know lifestyles like that take a lot of work, I'm just trying to figure out what kind of hard work I have to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Come home! Come home I say! Well, you can do whatever as long as you're here for my wedding...whenever that may be. Anyways, no oven? Good gracious. I've been getting into "from scratch" baking lately since that time that I had an allergic reaction to Nestle cookies. At least this way I know what's going in. Having the stand up mixer is awesome.

Maybe you guys can get a dutch oven. Or toaster oven...I think you can make pies in those, but don't quote me on that.

Unknown said...

Come home..come home...sounds like a good idea...BUT after visiting you guys over there , well I can say...YOU guys have it good and I won't even think twice of coming back right now...with real estate down, economy down, money $ down and REALLY devaluated...what's the point of coming home? You 2 have found a safe haven for now..Keep it...while you there..enjoy life to its fullest!!!!
mom

Anonymous said...

I completely agree & support wholeheartedly. It is so wonderful that you can say that your guys' lives are perfect there! Not many people have a luxury like that. Enjoy it as long as possible!!! And then, then... we can proceed somewhere... across the world, possibly?