Friday, August 3, 2007

Dai-Ichi kouko de Yokoso!

Welcome to Dai Ichi high school

Well for you Nihonjins, Dai Ichi high school does mean BIG ONE. It is the most prestigious high school in my prefecture and all I can say is THANK YOU UCR TEACHER CREDENTIAL. I really think that the reason I am here has to do with the fact that I had experience.

Well, so I finally made it. Ron and I started to clean house. There were dead bugs everywhere, but luckily enough, Ron came to the apartment first, so he cleaned it all up. Its a very small place, but in Japanese standards, we are living like kings (run down kings) Ill bring some pictures up soon.

It is hot and there is no air conditioning in the school and I have to be at school without teaching for 7 hours, but this is my job and I will love it. See you all in a bit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad to hear you arrived, hope all is well. It is hot at home 90 to 100 each day. I will be in Florida for a week at a class. Dalia is working still. Kyle is expecting a baby boy, and is still in the process for FDNY. Well take care, email us

Love Ron and Dalia

Anonymous said...

Good job Ron...thanks for the clean-up and yes..Juni we are ALL so proud of you...Tonight dad,Jon &I went to hermosa Comedy Club it is close to the beach house where you guys stayed and the comedians were All hilarious...we had fun.Ben is sleeping over a friend's house in Westchester...Tomorrow the family is coming for the boys party...Take care, miss you guys a LOT!!!!
Mom

Unknown said...

AAUUUGGHHHH....EAT SOME STINKEN' RAMEN ALREADY!!!

peggy Y. said...

Did you keep one of the bugs for your scrapbook?
Had dinner with your family(birthday for the boys). We missed you two. Hey, who are Robert and Judy McCormick? (see opening page with your photo).