Friday, June 26, 2009

Sports Festival!





3 days of no study and all play.

Around this beautiful time in June, students finish their vigerous exams and get to rest their brains with an all school Sports Competition. Softball, Badminton, Volleyball, Basketball, Dodgeball, Handball, and soccer are the games of choice. Being a teacher in Ichiko the number of female teachers to make up the female teacher team is quite slim. But this year, we managed to win at Badminton and Softball and win second in Soccer. I was goalie. I hate running. I had so much fun since the students would all be so happy to talk to me. I was having conversations with students the whole time. I felt the love. English, Japanese, they didn't care what language, but they were so willing to take their time to talk with me and I really enjoyed their company since they didn't have the reigns of education tugging on them. Last year, I only got to see one day. I'm so glad I got to experience beginning to the end. My body aches from so much fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't imagine you running around with those kids and competing...wow I am impressed!!!! Good job, Juni.... You're a trooper...
mom