Friday, April 10, 2009

My Husband's Uwavering Perserverence

Japanese companies can be so brutal in their passivity. It's quite an interesting anthropological study to see how Ron is treated in his workplaces because he isn't Japanese. His bosses don't think he can understand them, so they just don't tell him important things like schedule changes, and when he won't have classes, and when they've decided not to use him anymore. He was guaranteed a job for the returning school year, but his school just decided not to call and deal with directly letting him go. So Ron has had 3 months without a job, and I can't believe that they've dealt with it as if it's volunteer work. But Ron has been great at home studying Japanese and keeping the house clean. He does all my errands and I feel that my Japanese is slipping since Ron does all the lingual work for me. He's been a wonderful house husband.

But since a couple days ago, he got the part time job magazine and has been calling a bunch of companies. Many of them don't want to hire him since he's a foreigner, but he's broken down a lot barriers by telling them what a great smile he has and to just give him a try, and because of that persistence, he has 5 interviews lined up. Who knows if any of these will bite, but his efforts to do something has impressed me. I just know that if I was in the position of having to find a job on my own in Japan, I may not be so aggressive. Here's praying that he finds something great.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job Ron! Keep it up! ...just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, what do we do? We swim, swim, swim.