Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hiroshima Christmas

December 24 and 25





We finally arrived in Hiroshima, the land of my roots, my people. We went to all the typical sights and the one thing that I felt in the end was a sense of pride. From what I know, I am from this area. When such a disaster happened, the idea was that Hiroshima could not become a place worth living for more than 70 years. Yet, immediately after the explosion, the people picked themselves up and started to restore their city and in only a few years later, they created a wonderful thriving city. Everywhere I looked I couldn't imagine that the city I was looking at was once completely leveled. It really gives a sense of hope to humanity, being able to pick themselves up at even the hardest times. It was a humbling way to bring about Christmas.





On Christmas we woke up bright and early to visit Miyajima. Then when we came home, I was happy to talk with my family on Christmas only to find a great Christmas present, my acceptance into the China program. We all then took a nap to get us ready for a Spanish dinner.



No comments: