Monday, December 1, 2008

Amazing News!

This past week, Ron was accepted into a teaching program in China. Once my diploma gets sent to them, I too will be accepted. We have been waiting for two months for this answer and finally it is certain that we can teach in China for a year.

This was a really new idea that started in September when Ron and I were planning out our new JET year. With so many of our friends leaving because they don't/can't stay in Iwate, we too were thinking about our options. We really love Morioka, but we knew that after this year, we would be satisfied with it and leave on a happy note. That was when Ron looked on the internet and found Appalachians Abroad. This program starts in September and finishes the following June. We will most likely work at the same school with free housing and a month off for Christmas. Being in China just gives us an opportunity to travel more, which was the main reason we left the States. We are so happy and even though this secret was not well kept by us, I am happy that I can finally talk about it, now that we are accepted. The next problem is figuring out how to tell my school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems a little more than I need to check the information, because I was thinking: Why does not my GLOG these things!

Anonymous said...

Although from different places, but this perception is consistent, which is relatively rare point!
Rope,Twine