Thursday, November 6, 2008

Talking Politics

An Insider's Outsider Point of View

The elections passed and it looks like this is something worth putting into the history books. Not being active in the voting process, but following this election more than I have any other election it really made me see how much America needs something special to happen. It seems that we've really lost faith in the government and its systems. In a nation that outwardly ridicules and makes fun of its leaders and even wants to make a Sewage Plant named after their former President...something seems wrong. I think that's why Americans think Obama is "the One". America seems to need a positive change so much that many of their conservative and traditional views seem to be pushed back with this new way of thinking. Which, for a new America is great. The part I'm having so much trouble over with is this huge anticipation and expectation for Barack Obama. It seems like he has so many holes that he needs to fill and it seems that America in its hasty nature wants the results NOW. Now, bring the troops back. Now, bring oil prices down. Now, stop global warming. Now, make the poor, middle class, and rich happy. Now change the world. I think we've watched too many episodes of Heroes.

I am in full support for the new President. I do believe he can make a positive change in America and get us out of this crisis that we have. I think his optimism is infectious and hopefully will also infect those who can help aide him. But, I'm hoping that we don't hold him under a microscope and demand the results that he promised, today. I know that we are in for a couple more rough years before we see his change. I hope America can be patient.

I am not an expert in politics and have actually never been interested in elections. Perhaps that's what the past elections have done to me. Now, with an uninterested person's interests, perhaps that's a good sign for our future.

No comments: