Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!





I just finished my school's Halloween Party. This was quite a large feat since I had never planned a party before. Plus, making a party for about 1,000 students in a 30 minute time period. This past month has been pretty busy with making decorations, costumes, and other Halloweeny things. But it was worth it. The party was a big success. I also had to teach 4 classes that day which didn't help my stress, but with some lucky breaks before the party and super helpful students, it was flawless. Once lunch time started, kids just started spewing into the classroom. We had a Candy Jar guessing game, a voodoo game and a bobbing (fishing-it's cleaner) for apples game. We gave out some prizes and students all left with a little bit of American culture. One of my teachers even came in and offered some of his own candy for me to share with the kids. My English Club especially seemed to have a great time and I think that this will be a good memory for Ichi-ko students. It's one of my favorites.




No comments: