Thursday, May 29, 2008

&%'!!#$ Japanese License

Everyone...I have failed the test twice. First time was yesterday and I expected a failure. Since they are so picky and strict, I imagined they would find something wrong with my first time. I took it well and made an appointment the next day. It just so happened that my school had a special schedule and I only had one class, so luckily I could take that class off and go. I figured it was a good sign. However today, I failed again and now in a fit of anger and depression. There was no reason to fail me except for them to get more money. The instructor even said that overall I was great. There were only two mistakes that I did. The passing rate is 70%, so apparently these two mistakes that I did were worth 20% each. The math doesn't add up right. The instructor was young and I think had to be really strict. There were two other foreigners from India that also failed, this being their third time. I thought they drove beautifully. They were just as shocked as I was. I want to take it again tomorrow, but I have to be at work. The car is being returned this weekend so I will have no more practice with a manual car. And I have to wait until Wednesday to take my test. I had really hoped to have the license by the time we had the new car. Now I can't even really appreciate it. ARGH!!!!!! Im so depressed. I know what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but my driving was strong to begin with. I don't think dropping my speed from 20 km to 14 km on a turn will make me that much stronger of a driver. I think if anything, doing that will make me worse. Im hoping to write Wednesday with better news, but with this shocking failure, who knows, they may want to fail me again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is always a reason why we fail sometimes not just to make us stronger or build some character in us... but for some other unknown reasons it could be...just because... hang in there 3rd one is always a charm... I believe in you!
mom

Unknown said...

It's okay chick-a-dee. I'm sure that you'll rock them next time. Like your mom said, the third time is the charm. Just keep your spirits up and go enjoy your new car in an empty parking lot or something. Don't forget that you do know how to drive and that you'd show them if you were in an automatic.