Monday, April 14, 2008

The time for flip flops has arrived!

Well, last weekend we went out with our friends for the first outdoor river BBQ of the year. YAY! We went to the nearby river and set up along the rocky ground. I was hobbling like a bent over baachan (granny) while I teetered on my two inch heeled shoes over the rocky ground. I felt stupid, but empowered. The weather, nor the rocks, not my embarassment can keep me from wearing open toe heeled shoes on a bright sunny day! Our friend Kenta bought over ten pounds of meat and we ate heartily. We had a great time chatting and bathing in the warm sun. It was short lived as a chilly wind started to brush against us and we had to retreat to warmer areas. At least we had that one moment. It was like our own oasis.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy atch, you sure were brave to go to your first river bbq on HEELS WOW!!!! I can imagine you doing that...well its a story you can tell later on...oh what fun.... can't wait for more of your adventures... Tell me more...
mom

Unknown said...

Rock those shoes! Don't worry. I wore some open toed heels to work with capris about a month ago because it looked nice and sunny, but when I stepped outside it was like 20 degrees. I felt silly, but I strutted as usual. Heheh