Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy March!

Yesterday we had a gigantic amount of rain in Morioka, which is huge! That means that we are now away from negative degree weather and it's now a waiting game until the beautiful sunshine shines warm and I can start working on my tan. I think the high today is 2 degrees. YES!! Today is also Graduation for the third year students. Everyone at the school looks their finest and I've even donned a skirt for the occasion. Tonight is our biggest enkai, which I am very much looking forward to. All in all, spring is coming and I can't wait. Happy March!

Also, as a friend of mine informs me, yesterday was Garlic Day in Japan.
2-29 (2 is ni)(9 is ku)= ninniku = which means garlic. OK, it's just a play on numbers but everyone should eat a big bite of GARLIC today!

39 (san)(kyu)= Thank you!

1 comment:

Kunino said...

Juni, you might know already but here's another play on words, which could save you some money: Most meat shops in Japan are on sale on the 29th, calling the day "niku (29) no hi", "day of meat".