Monday, October 29, 2007

Its halloween time again!!!

Yeah so Straight Talk had a really great party yesterday night. At 3 o'clock was the kid's party. We played games, had a costume contest, the kids had performances, and in the end there was a pinata. The kids' costumes were so cute. Ron and I dressed up as fireflies. We bought a bunch of glowstick bracelets and put them all over us. Ron thought of the idea of making a bunch of them into a firefly butt. Everyone really liked our costumes...of course. I think the Censored Costume has a great successor. After the kids party, the adult students came in. Out went the ring toss and in came the beer and Chu-hi (girly drink). Everyone really dressed up and we had fun talking and teaching Japanese people how to shot-gun a beer. At one point we showed them all our American amazing-ness by dancing the "Time Warp." We had an incredible time. The people at Straight Talk are amazing. I think we really found ourselves a good place here in Morioka. For pictures of last years Halloween bonanza click below: http://www.engura.com/gallery.php?sel=halloween_2006 also for hearing another perspective of our night, check out Scary Monster. http://scaredmonster.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

NYD said...

Hey guys! You two are the most fun we've had in a very long time. I can't believe I actually did the time warp. You guys ROCK!

P.S. Ron. Thanks for the helping hand today. You saved my ass.

Oren B. said...

Woooooowwwwwww!!!!! Coool pictures!!!! Halloween is just as in spirit in Japan as it is here! haha. Cool. Aww, I didn't have any Halloween this year, my costume was going to be another funny cool thing again. sigh. Oh what am I sighing about?!?! haha. Happy Halloween!!!!!

Woohoooooo!

Oren

P.S. - Provacative cosutumes anyone??... Anyone?.... Bueller?... Ferris Bueller?.... Bueller?....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm interesting. I'm glad that Halloween does exist in Japan, too! Awesome! However, I... am a bit lost. What's a Time Warp dance? I mean, I've never really heard of it. And...

RON IS A... FIREFLY! I can just imagine it... with cute little antenna, and little fairy wings... hehehehe. (Oh wait! I don't even HAVE to imagine it: the pictures are right there on the homepage!) :D Also... I would especially like to put emphasis on the butt part... Quite unorthodox. (Especially when Mr. Ron put it ON THE WRONG END!!!!!) Monsieur, the ax of decency looms above thy head. hehe Otherwise, very cute. <3

Finally... shotgunning? That's a waste of a beer... Should you not sip it, and enjoy the subtle flavors? meow. Choe-san and myself... spent a bit much this afternoon on a six-pack. (It was an accident) But, we tried this Belgian beer. Very good. Kinda like Heineken, but waaaay better. It's made by MONKS! Isn't that cool?? For a thousand years now. By the way, the flavor is pretty rich too. It's called... Affligem.

Well, talk to you guys soon on Skype, I guess. matanee~~ :)

Kunino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kunino said...

*The previous post was an error*
Hi you guys, it's me here!

So, Halloween in Japan. I think it's becoming more popular here, especially in the past few years. I went to Harajuku, which is close to Shibuya, last weekend and saw quite a lot of people dressed up as witches, fairies, ghosts, and other cool spooky things, walking around. But they generally looked cute. Even the witches. I'm not sure why, maybe it's their faces, Japanese faces, or maybe it's their costumes, which were relatively less scary-looking than those I've seen in the States.

It seems the whole Halloween thing is seen as something cute in Japan: Halloween decorations are all very cute here, Jack O' lanterns are usually friendly-looking, as well as the costumes I saw in Harajuku.

So we do celebrate Halloween here but I say it's kind of Japanized. Interesting;)

Anonymous said...

I love Japan.