Monday, June 29, 2009

My Birthday, My Lesson

Lesson Number One
- Completing goals based on vanity is really hard, it's easier just to be accepting.

Lesson Number Two
- Drinking vitamins, sleeping at 10, and going for a power walk at 6am should not wait until you NEED it.

Lesson Number Three
- Making excuses is a habit I need to break COLD TURKEY.

Lesson Number Four
- Depending on people to support my happiness- OK
- Depending on people to make my happiness- Not OK

Lesson Number Five
- Simple willpower can only keep me motivated for a month.

Lesson Number Six
- Friends, even short-term friends are important.

Lesson Number Seven
- Money can be made and memories should not be sacrificed because of it.

Lesson Number Eight
- I do the best I am capable of everyday.

Lesson Number Nine
- Doing things on my own makes me feel a lot better than people doing it for me.

Lesson Number Ten
- By next year, I want to stop making excuses, find what I really want to do, and do it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, my big girl....lessons in life is just a lot but memories in life is just as much....keep learning....one day you'll achieve happiness and satisfaction.... soon.

joybean said...

happy birthday! i think you're doing pretty great already, but more power to you for renewing your motivations :)

"action is the antidote to despair." -joan baez. posted on some paper towel dispenser at a nurses' station in my current hospital.

joybean said...

oh yeah, speaking of sleeping at 10...

thanks for the reminder. i better get to it :)