Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cherry Blossoms- American Style!

Early Saturday morning, our friend Adam was dropped off at our local lake and kept our special spot safe.

At 10 am, I met Adam with our prepared foods. He was so happy to have someone with him.



The sofa was a special part of our Hanami this year. We decided to bring our living room to the festivities. As other Japanese parties brought out their blue tarps, we took out our coffee table, carpet, and couch. Many Japanese strollers couldn't understand our strange set up, but we knew that they were all envious that we though of such a great idea. While the rest of our family arrived, the boys enjoyed some light exercise.



Our Family Hanami Picture

The rest of the warm sunny day was enjoyed playing baseball, eating homemade food, feeding the flying hawks, practicing handstands, and staring down the judging faces of the Japanese community.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha your setup reminds me of the frat couches by the Bell Tower. Don't worry, your coffee table and carpet bring you two steps above them. Plus, you're way cooler.

Kunino said...

Your setup reminds me of the couches by the Bell Tower too. Haha. I love your idea!
And that big sakura tree is gorgeous! But if the shidarezakura (that willow looky sakura) is already blooming now in Morioka, then, if I visit you guys during GW, I guess all sakura will be gone?

I'm still deciding what to do in GW...I'll call you tomorrow.