Monday, August 25, 2008

I miss my family!

Two and a half solid weeks later and the Okeya family (minus Jon) must say goodbye to the land of the Rising Sun. Waking up super early Monday morning, it didn't register that they were really leaving Morioka until they took the elevator to the train platform. And then the weirdest thing happened. I actually cried a little. I guess last year, with us leaving them and going off in our new adventure, there was no room, or time for tears. But seeing them leave us this time made my heart really hurt. The beauty of living away is to appreciate family and friends instead of seeing them all the time and getting sick of them. And I did learn to appreciate them. I really, truly had an amazing time with my family. I'm looking forward to missing them so that it makes the next reunion that much sweeter.

1 comment:

Kunino said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! My grandma got sick, she almost passed away, and I've learnt to appreciate her usual worries toward me that would sometimes annoy me before, when she was always home. Hope you don't miss your family too muchm though! You have a lot of people here in Japan who love you as much!